Archive for March, 2010
- "OK Go-This Too Shall Pass" – crazy of flipping "domino" http://bit.ly/d9cCug via @sumrtime RT @modernscientist #
- 2' water-level fluctuation in monitoring well in VA after Chile quake http://bit.ly/amgxIq USGS hydrograph http://bit.ly/9BA0rK RT @cbdawson #
- Teach yourself programming in 10 years, including reference to Gladwell's 10,000 hours: http://bit.ly/9ipLvW #
- Bill McKibben compares climate change deniers with the O J Simpson trial – "even O J is finally in jail": http://bit.ly/aXPOhP #
- Nice graphic from Honolulu Advertiser @HonAdv illustrating the tsunami: http://bit.ly/bk8d7Q #hitsunami (via @brianshiro) #
- Separation after the gold medalist in #olympic events: audio- visualization by the #NYT http://nyti.ms/9Vh2CF via http://bit.ly/9TYN0l #
- If you like charts and maps then this is a great place to start: http://chartsbin.com/ #
The Universe of Discourse pointed me to “Mondas”. Before, I had no idea, what Monads are. Likely, I still don’t have a clue, but I did like this wicked analogy: Monads are like burritos. When I continued reading the Universe of Disclosure, I learned that probability distributions form Monads. Which is where I saw the first time what turned out to be Haskell code (I think). Finally, the Universe of Discourse provides a bibliography of probability Monads.
This is why blogging is cool.